Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Photographic proof that Sam is trying to make me insane

So, as I have talked about before, Sam seems to have this knack to get into every single thing. He did it again today.
He was in his room for his quiet time, which lasts about 30-45 minutes. I went to check on him after about 20 minutes because he was being really really quiet. His door was locked from the inside. Great. That really doesn't mean anything good. I could also smell baby powder. Baby powder?
Yes, baby powder. Two jars of baby powder that were packed up, taped in a box on the very top shelf of his locked closet. Now, there is a single bi-fold door on the closet and a homemade lock. My two older boys can't get in the closet, and I have trouble myself sometimes. For about a week, Sam has been getting into it. But, I figured the top shelf was fine and not a problem. He gets into the closet and plays with pull-ups, lunch boxes, and duffel bags. No big deal.
Well, he apparently scaled the shelves and pulled the one box down without making too much noise. I think it must have landed on the pile of bags and blankets so it didn't make much noise.
This is what I found when I had to unlock his door. Still not sure how to clean it all up and not sure that I really want to tackle it by myself.

(Though I think the picture of his cute little hand print on the dresser is kinda cute).

I am not sure that Lightning McQueen likes the baby powder.


1 comment:

Jessica said...

Kate, you are remarkable that you keep your sanity day in and day out. You know that I love Sam and I think he's adorable and lovable and smart. But your Sam stories tire me out! It seems so unfair that it keeps going!