Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A better friend...

I have to say this because it has been bothering me for a while, but I am sure that some people may get upset or take offense.
I love my friends and would do anything for them. I hate planning anything because I would never want to leave anyone out of anything. Now I completely understand that my kids are not going to get invited to every birthday party or backyard barbeque, but it seems like we are getting left out of everything. My kids don't notice because they're kids. But I notice. It's hard too because we don't have a playgroup so my kids aren't as close to other kids. I have tried to start playgroups, but there is always some excuse.
Just as a comparison, last year in March we went to 7 birthday parties. We haven't even been invited to a party since November. I sound really petty and whiny, but it does hurt my feelings. I feel like I am back in high school with all the crap I had to put up with.
Maybe I just need to get back on my pills if I am letting things like this bother me.

No comments: