Monday, March 16, 2009

so little time left...

Jay is leaving on March 28th for his 6 week long Australia trip. He mentioned last Wednesday that he only had two more weekends to work on the house before his trip. Well, unfortunately, this whole weekend was a big waste of time. On Saturday morning, I had planned to meet with some friends and go to the flea market. Friday night, we got a call about a last minute birthday party for one of my nieces. So I canceled my Saturday plans because I thought the party was in the morning. It turns out that it was a 3 pm party and I could have gone anyway. Oh well, I decided to run errands instead. Jay was on the computer while I was getting ready to leave with Sam. I was going to leave Jay and the boys at home so that he could get some work done on the house. Jay suddenly decides that the whole family is going on the errands. Okay, fine, I don't mind spending time with my family, but it probably would have gone quicker with just Sam and I. We hit Bowen's farm supply in Annapolis, Home Depot, Staples, Toys R Us, and the AA county farm store on 8th Ave in Glen Burnie. We managed to get most of the things we will need for the baby chicks when they arrive in a month. We also got my niece's birthday present, returned a hand cart, bought rewritable DVD's and shopped for a new bathroom medicine cabinet. We got home in time to eat lunch and then get right back in the car and head on down to Calvert County.
The birthday party was not the best experience. Our brother-in-law did not invite any other of our family so it was just our 5, plus a bunch of people that we didn't know. There were two other kids there and one of them was a boy about 7-8 years old. He was really a wild child and was showing my kids all the wrong things to do. My three nieces were also all having an off day and there was some major attitude from one of them. The food was not great for me. I had 1/3 of a beer, a tiny bit of the (gross) homemade mac and cheese, and some of the homemade chicken nuggets. I had to pass on the cake. The nuggets were pretty good but it wasn't much of a meal. Tom and Joe wouldn't eat and Sam barely ate anything. We left right after presents and cake. An okay experience, but Jay and I both thought it wasn't what we expected. We tried to pick up the lawn tractor so that we could pick up the leaves. We had brought the trailer down and went by his grandparents house after the party. For some reason, the keys to the barn were not on the table and we were unable to locate them. We called Jay's mom, but she said she hadn't been in the house in a long time and figured that Jay's dad had them. Jay's dad wasn't at his house though. Jay thought about getting the spare key to his dad's house and having a snoop, but I told him no. So we went home with no tractor and we pulled the trailer for nothing.
Sunday Jay got to use his birthday present from me of his Harlem Globetrotter tickets and take Joe and Tom out for the day. Sam and I worked on laundry. Jay decided to take a drive through the city to come home, but ran into the St. Patty's day parade and took much much longer to get home. He finally arrived home (from the noon game) at 4:30 and had a bad headache and didn't want to do any work. We had Wendy's for dinner and bathed the kids and put them to bed. The weekend seemed like a bit of a waste and now Jay only has one more weekend to finish the siding on the side of the house before he leaves. He doesn't really want to leave it all undone like it is now.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

If there is anything we can do to help Jay get his projects done, just let me know. Chris can maybe come over on Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon (while my boys nap) to help out.