Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Couldn't be easy, could it?
We decided to go get our passport photos today after VBS. I took the boys to lunch and then drove to the closest Walmart that has a photo studio. We have gotten good passport photos from there before so it shouldn't be a problem right? Wrong. The first Walmart's camera wasn't working. Well, I needed to go pick up my watch from Arundel Mills Mall, so we'll try that Walmart. She took the pictures and the older boys did really well and Sammy was slightly misbehaving. Okay, at least they're done. Oh wait. The printer is printing them way to light and we are all looking like Ghosts. The US government is pretty picky about the photos being exposed just right and I'm so light that my black shirt is a pale gray. I asked if she could fix them and she said no, that they have problems with the camera and printer from time to time and it's just hit or miss. Okay. No big deal, we'll just go somewhere else. The traffic lights were all out around the mall and so traffic was messed up. Between that and the photo snafu, I forgot to get my watch. We drove back towards Route 2 and stopped at a Walgreen's by Marley Station. Got all kids out and went inside. Nope, printer is not working, though should be back up this evening. Got directed towards the Walgreen's way up Route 2. So, off we went. We got there, got the photos taken and left. We went to Glen Burnie Mall for the 20 minutes that it would take for the pictures to get printed. Then we went back to Walgreens. I had requested 6 sets of pictures for the boys. I should have been more clear. Passport photos are always sold in sets of two so I figured that 6 sets would get me a dozen photos of each kid. Well, 6 sets got me only 6 photos of each kid. He had already deleted them from the camera and couldn't print any more. Oh, well. Let's just go. 93 dollars later, Sammy ran away from me while I was trying to get the photo packets and the receipt. Of course, the automatic doors on the front of the store opened for him and he ran straight into the parking lot, laughing all the way. I ran after him, but didn't catch him until he was well into the traffic lanes of the parking lot. Ugh. Got into the car and drove happily drove home. Opened pictures to see them for the first time in driveway of home. Too dark and we are all orange/yellow. We all look really ill. Jundice anyone? I got online to check the photo requirements again and I really don't think that they are going to accept these photos. So if I can get a refund, we have to go through all this again. I think that I am going to make Jay go with me so that there are two of us to chase the kids and besides, he needs so more photos too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We got Cassie's passport photos taken in the post office by the passport official during her passport application appointment. They cost about the same but without any hassle and they're guaranteed to accept the photos because they do it! That doesn't solve your problem of needing 12, but maybe it could be a last resort, cobbled with some that are too heavy or too light.
That sounds ridiculous, by the way. Really insane. To have that happen once is a pain. Twice is an insult. Three times would really piss me off. After that, I'd throw in the towel. You're a strong woman to keep going!
Minus the running out of the store & the watch, I could've written this in 2007. Sad that they haven't got their equipment fixed. We ended up at the PO. I am so sorry Kate!
Post a Comment