Monday, August 24, 2009

First day of school

Today is the first day of first grade. Joe seemed pretty excited this morning about riding the bus and everything. Hopefully all goes well today.
I am pretty excited simply because quiet has descended on our house once again. Tom plays quietly by himself and Sam hangs with me. All fairly calm and collected.
I had a doctor's appointment this morning and thankfully, Amber was able to watch the boys for me. She canceled some things she wanted to do in order to help me out. I am very grateful for friends like her. I had my carpal tunnel evaluation this morning and the doc said he could give me an injection that would relieve most of the pain for a few months or he could just fix the problem. So we are scheduled to fix it on Oct 2. I will have to find someone to watch the kids and someone to sit with me at the hospital as I will be unable to drive afterwards due to the drugs from the surgery. I have no clue how long the actual surgery will take. No one seemed able to give me that information. Of course, my mother-in-law will be either be in Italy or preparing for her Italy trip on that day. I am hoping that my dad can take me to the hospital and Jay will just have to watch the kids.
Sammy looks like he has the chicken pox or measles or something. He doesn't. It's just mosquito bites covering his entire face. Jay took him outside all day yesterday while I was gone and used zero bug spray. Poor kids.
Our tomato plants have turned very brown. They have huge beautiful green tomatoes on the plants, but the plants are now brown brown brown. We are hoping that they don't have late blight. This year the blight has hit tomato and potato crops in the East pretty hard. Hopefully, that's not our problem. I was really looking forward to some nice tomatoes. bummer.

No comments: