Friday, August 14, 2009

A gross morning and an apology out of the blue

Okay, the first part of this post is really gross, but I have to share. Feel free to skip it.
This morning at 3:30 am I awoke to the sound of a child throwing up. I ran to the big boys' room and opened the door to a horrible smell and Joe projectile vomitting off the top bunk of the bed. I tried to get him down, but I am too short to pick him up when he is above me head. I ran back to my room and grabbed Jay. Jay took Joe to the bathroom and cleaned him up (i.e. wiped his face since he had nothing on him). Jay then went back to bed and right to sleep. (more on that in a minute)
So, it's 3:30 in the morning, the room stinks, there is vomit everywhere...the rug, the wood floor, Tom's dresser, Tom's clean clothes on the dresser that he didn't get put away, the bed rail, the bottom bunk, everyway. Thursday's dinner was tacos, spanish rice, etc so you can just imagine the mess. I had to turn on the light to clean up and it took me about 25 minutes before I felt that it was cleaned up enough for the night. I handed Joe a large bowl and let him climb back into bed. I had just gotten settled back into my bed when I heard him throw up again. He missed the bowl so I had to change sheets this time. Thankfully the volume was pretty small compared to the first so it wasn't such a long clean up. Again, I had to turn on the light and this time I had to climb up onto his bed to unmake and make it. I got back to bed within about 15 minutes and had just drifted off to sleep when I heard him go again at 4:30. He made the bowl so it was just a rinse of the bowl, a swish of the mouth, and a wipe of the face. Same story at 5 am. I got back to sleep at about 5:30 and the alarm went off at 6:30. I kicked Jay so he would turn it off and I went back to sleep for about 45 minutes before I heard Joe jumping off the top bunk to make it to the potty. Poor Joe only got about 6 hours of sleep and I only had about 4. We had planned to go to the zoo today, but I don't want to take a tired sick kid. Tonight is Melissa's good bye night out and I won't be home until the wee hours. I am going to be soooo tired.
Okay, so last month when Joe threw up on the floor, I gave Jay the choice of kid or floor. He picked floor. I was done with Joe in about 5 minutes and went back to bed. Of course, I had the back karma to bring it up last night while scrapbooking and it came back to bite me in the ass big time!

Okay, now for the not gross. I checked my email this morning and had a note from facebook saying a friend had left me a message. This guy was my first serious boyfriend and we went through some real crap and he broke up with me for my good friend. He just didn't treat me the best. He and I have been facebook "friends" for a few months mostly because I am horribly nosy and wanted to know what he was up to. He was my "first" afterall and we never seem to let that go. Anyway, this message from him was a very long, heartfelt apology about how he treated me in high school. He congratulated me on my family and wished me the best. I replied with the truth, that I forgave him long ago. It was some real yucky stuff that we went through, and while I didn't really understand it all, I sorta did. He has a beautiful wife and two really cute kids and it all truly worked out for the best.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I know you were aching for that final closure and am so glad you were blessed with it. What a great thing! It surely brightened a day that really started out yuck.