Thursday, October 15, 2009

A rainy Thursday

I don't really have much to say, but just wanted to share a few things.
I got my stitches out on Tuesday morning. My scar has calmed down a bit and is just an ugly pink scar that should fade within a year or so. I still don't have a lot of strength in my hand if I try to put weight on it, like pushing up from the floor, etc. This was caused by the nature of the surgery and I just have to build everything back up. But I am happy to report that I am pretty much pain free for the first time in 5 years! I still have a tiny bit of tingling in my middle finger, but the dr said that should go away within the next month or so...if it is going to go away at all. I could have a little bit of nerve damage because I waited so long to do the surgery. However, this tingling is so slight, I can certainly deal easily with it. Previously, the smallest tasks caused tingling and minor pain (tasks like brushing teeth or eating) while bigger tasks like painting a room or riding a bike would end up causing really bad pain. My whole arm would hurt sometimes. I just dealt the best I could, but I am certainly wishing I would have done this long ago. It is so nice!
The new tile floor in the entryway and the replacement tile in the bathroom was ready to be grouted on Monday evening. Jay didn't do it. He watched tv instead. Okay. Tuesday, Jay took Joe to cub scouts and then returned home to watch tv. Not okay. We don't have a toilet in the full bath and have to climb over the wall in the entry without touching the landing in order to get in or out of the house. Yesterday morning, while Tom was at preschool, I grouted the floor. (Pain free!) It turned out really nice and I finished the job today with the grout sealer. As a side note, the grout sealer is called "One Step Grout Sealer". There are 5 steps listed on the application instructions. Even if you just pretend that the only step is to spray it on, you still have to do two coats before it is done.
My kids tend to use superlatives incorrectly so we've been trying to work on it a bit. We've been working on the word "best" this week. Joe asked who was the best kid. I explained that each kid was the best at something different. He wanted examples. This is what I came up with on the fly.
Joe- The best helper of projects
Tom- The best eater
Sam- The best toy picker upper

I think my three boys are all the best, but it was kinda hard to come up with something that each one was the best at in our house. Competition isn't really my thing.

No comments: