We got 5 eggs last week and then none over the weekend. I guess the layers wanted some days off of work too. We got one more egg yesterday and then two today. Today we have a dark brown egg as usual and then a really really light tan egg. And, my chicken of questionable sex is female! She laid the egg yesterday. I saw sitting in the nesting box and about 15 minutes later, when I checked again, we had an egg. I think I have at least two layers, maybe three now. My chickens tend to lay in the afternoon, sometime after lunch. I can tell that I have an egg somewhere as all the chickens run up to the fence, clucking like crazy...like they are so proud of what they just did. Too funny.
Sammy is in big boy underwear! He wears them all day long and we get through the day with only 1 or 2 accidents. I finally made the decision to push him a little on the potty training. We've been doing pretty well. We started last Thursday with this and have been in underwear almost the whole time. Hopefully we will stay with it. He still wears a diaper at night, but that's okay. He's still pretty little.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hurray! That is so cute for you to get so excited. I really understand! (both about the chicken laying eggs and graduating from diapers into all underpants!) Congratulations!
Post a Comment