So for the past few weeks, I haven't posted any updates on Jay's trip to Australia as it as been changing daily. Plans seem to have settled down and are penciled in. Nothing is firm yet so it could change again next week when the VP's go to Australia for a meeting. The current plan is that he will be heading out around November 13 and returning about Dec 15. Jay had been saying that he would be gone a couple of weeks, but now it looks more like a month. Jay is going to miss Joe's b-day, Thanksgiving, and my birthday. Kind of a bummer. I had been planning a weekend away for Jay and I during my birthday weekend. We aren't going to get much time to ourselves once we move since we won't have any sort of babysitters. I really wanted some time to ourselves.
Of course, I have already reserved and paid for my weekend away in November to scrapbook with some friends. Now I will have to try to find a babysitter for the boys.
Other recent news: Little Bit (one of our cats) had been doing better with her litter box, but then about 2 months ago, she peed and pooped on the rug upstairs. I got frustrated and put both cats downstairs so that they could be closer to the litter box. That worked for about a week, but for the last 6 weeks or so, Little Bit just keeps using the little box less and less. Totally gross! We have taken her to the vet and tried everything the vet has suggested. Her health seems to be declining in general. Finally, this week, I had had enough. Little Bit and Mash are now outdoor kitties. We fixed them up a very nice area outside and they seem to be starting to adjust, though the first few days were very stressful on them.
Friday, October 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We always had outside cats...never had to deal with litter boxes. They would come to the door at night - sometimes hang from the screen of the top half of the storm door until we let them in. It makes me laugh to think about it now. Funny that the cats wanted to sleep inside at night and hang outside during the day. Aren't they supposed to be nocternal?
Post a Comment