Thursday, February 5, 2009

Don't sweat the small stuff

I used to be such an organized, "together" person. I feel like I am a scatterbrain now. I am not sure what has changed over the years, but I never used to pay any bills late. Never used to miss appointments, never missed my parents birthdays. Never misplaced or lost anything. I was always clean. I never had a messy room as a kid. I wasn't messy in college. I wasn't messy until after the second kid. I had a system. I knew where stuff was and it was always where it was supposed to be.
Now, I am a mess. My house is a mess. My paperwork is a mess. My brain is a mess. I ran out of checks in my checkbook and went to the office to get a refill. There were none! There should be because my reorder form says that my next order starts on check number 2200. My next check should be 2170. Where are my 30 checks? I have no clue and I have three checks that I need to write. I have searched everywhere. I even dumped my purse out and cleaned it. I was very embarrassed about the mess inside my purse. When I dumped it on the floor, Jay said "That's disgusting". No food or anything, just a royal mess of things that I either need or didn't need. I recently cleaned the office and sorted everything. Unfortunately, I tend to be running behind whenever I need my scrapbooking stuff and so my room gets all messed up. Now, it's a mess and I can't even do the work I need to do. What is wrong with me?!? I feel like if I could just get everything set back to zero, I could keep up with it. the problem is the fact that I am so far behind that I can't keep up. If I could just get the laundry, dishes, clutter, etc. cleaned, then I could work on the bigger problems. But the laundry, dishes and clutter are never cleaned. Even when I work really hard and get all three cleaned, they are back the next day. I really want to get a system set up like it used to be.
Well, I need to go search my car for my checks. No clue why, but they could be in there.

No comments: