Saturday, December 5, 2009

My birthday snow

So Jay and I have been married for over 8 years, and it has snowed on my birthday (or the day of my birthday celebration) for 6 of the 8 years. About 6 years ago, after 2 years of snow, Jay proclaimed that it was his birthday present to me. And every year since then he makes it snow. Jay has the boys completely convinced that he makes it snow for my birthday.
As I was hearing the forecast yesterday, I was skeptical that we would actually get snow this year. Most of yesterday, the snow was going to be north and west of us. Jay tried to claim that sleet should be at least half credit, because after all, he's half a world away. I should have just kept the faith. Around noon, the sleet and rain turned into huge beautiful flakes and the boys came running and shouting "Daddy made it snow!" Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I just got choked up. Jay is a good husband to deliver such a wonderful gift each year. Maybe I should start planning on snow days around your birthday, then.