Thursday, December 31, 2009
A stubborn child, a bellyache and a missed holiday party
So I had planned to go with my family to Jessica and Jeremiah's holiday party yesterday. The night before though, I had some really bad stomach issues. I wasn't feeling very tip-top, but was willing to muscle through it. But then, Tommy got a timeout. That was pretty much the end of any chance of going to the party. All Tom needed to do was stand, facing the wall quietly for about 30 seconds. He couldn't even do 1 second. He screamed, cried, sat down, complained...you name it. He just didn't want to do what he needed to do to get out of time out. He had already been through a shorter version of this earlier in the day. This time, however, he just wouldn't do it. I put my foot down and I wanted him to take his time out and then we could have left. He stood there screaming for at least 2 hours. I felt kinda bad, but he just needed to be quiet and face the wall for a very short bit. I ended up staying home while Jay took the kids to the party. I was a little bummed that I didn't get to go, but I had to fight this battle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We really missed you. I'm glad I'll get to hang out with you next Friday!
Post a Comment