Thursday, December 17, 2009

A possible delay of the inevitable

So last week, I emailed Jay several questions about moving and scheduling the move, etc. Jay gave very vague answers to the questions and it left me feeling very unsettled. So, I kinda knew something was possibly up. Then came his email that he is scheduled to be back in Australia in the second week of January...but that he is also leery of making whole family plans since the long term contract hasn't been signed. Sigh. What this all means is that there is a chance that Jay will go there in January and the boys and I will be stuck here until the contract is signed. It could still get signed before then, but based on the track record, there's probably a better chance it won't get signed. Jay thinks that there is about a 75% chance the whole family will move in January. Of course, that number is just something he came up with and not any number that has been told to him. I really really want to move with Jay and not have to move the kids by myself.
I am not the kind of person who goes with the flow very well. I am much more of a planner and I don't like this whole not knowing thing. Very stressful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I hope the contract gets signed very soon.

Jessica said...

Oh man, that would drive me CRAZY! My fingers are crossed that you'll get a definitive answer soon!