Well, Jay finally made it home. He was due on a flight into Dulles at 8:30pm Friday from San Francisco. It was canceled. He tried to book any other flight into Dulles or Bwi. All canceled. He finally was able to book a flight to JFK airport and thought he would take the train home that night. Well, his flight didn't arrive until 9:20 and the last train left at 10:05. He didn't make it. So he decided that despite the fact he had been awake for about 28 hours, that he would drive home that night. He rented a car and drove. Luckily he didn't hit any snow until the Maryland line. On 895, he did a good deed and helped some stranded guy get to a gas station so he wouldn't freeze.
I woke up at 2:43 in the morning, went to the bathroom, and thought...Gee Jay should be here soon. I opened my bedroom curtain and stood for just a minute watching the snow come down. As I get ready to turn back towards my bed, a car crept by the first driveway and then turned into our second one. Jay was home!! Talk about good timing!
He made it. Though we weren't able to return the rental car until Sunday afternoon. Jay had to dig out both driveways on Sunday and that took a while. Our roads still weren't the greatest, but we managed. Many friends are still all the way stuck in.
The boys' schools are canceled today. It was going to be Tom's last day at Galilee so that's kinda sad. He may get to go back if we aren't going in January, but I don't want to pay the tuition if we only go a few days.
I am curious what they do with Joe's school. He was supposed to go Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week. I am pretty sure that as long as the roads get cleared today that he will have school tomorrow...but if not, then will they have to go on Wednesday? I guess we'll see.
Jay is planning to work some days this week. He hopes to talk to some people and get a firmer plan for January. Hopefully, he does.
Monday, December 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment