Joe had a note sent home from his music teacher at school on Tuesday. She had to move Joe to a new seat in the music room, completely away from all the other students. He refusing to sing and spends his time bothering other students. Joe is such a headstrong child and he doesn't like to do things on someone else's schedule. He also just has no interest in singing the same songs over and over again. I talked a lot with him and he is irritated that they have to sing the same song so many times so that everyone can learn it. He learns it really quickly and doesn't like having to sing the same ones over and over and over. I completely get his point, but also understand why the teacher has to go over and over. It's not the teacher's fault that Joe has an almost perfect recall for things like songs, movies, and stories. I've really got no clue what to tell Joe in order for him to enjoy music class more. I had a great music teacher for a long time, but I don't really know this teacher.
We had a good holiday break, a good Joe's birthday, a really nice Thanksgiving, etc etc. Jay is enjoying 75 and sunny in Australia while yesterday we had 50 and rainy. Oh yea. I have been working really hard on getting the house ready for the realtor. The upstairs is done except for cleaning, and most of that is really close to being done.
I have not been able to fall asleep at night, but once I am asleep, I sleep like the dead! I have almost missed getting up in time to get Joe and Tom ready for school. I ended up having to set an alarm this morning and I still almost didn't get up. I just need to get to sleep earlier.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment