Friday, January 15, 2010

An active day

I've spent the last several days doing nothing with no desire to even do anything. When I get overstressed and frustrated, I just tend to shut down. So I did, for several days. It gave me a much needed reset and I was back at it today. I spent the first hour this morning organizing all the scrapbooking items that I plan to use tonight when I scrap with some friends. I then played 30 minutes straight of indoor Sam style hide-and-seek. (Note: the last time I played this, I broke my foot so I have been somewhat hesitant to play) Sam-style hide-and-seek involves a lot of quick moving as Sam counts to 10 in about 2 seconds and lots and lots of screaming Boo!
This afternoon, I gathered stuff up like trash and recycling that has been hiding in corners of our house and took it all out...along with 4 of 5 pumpkins from the deck. The fifth one is just too big for me to carry through the house on the end of a shovel.
Then I spent an hour and 20 minutes raking the yard. I made lots and lots of piles for Jay to pick up. Sam, Joe and Tom started a game of tag towards the end of my raking. I had to change the game from regular tag to playground tag in order to make it a little more fair for Sam. He's not fast enough on the ground to catch Joe or Tom. On playground tag, you have to keep one hand pretty much on the playground at all times. Now, as you run around the playground, you can take your hand off, but you have to stay really really close to the playground. You also aren't allowed to stay in one spot for more than a count of ten. This keeps Joe from climbing to the top of the monkey bars and staying out of reach. They had been playing for about 10 minutes when I joined the game as well. We had a great 20 minutes until I was running from Joe and slipped in the mud. I mostly caught myself on my hip and recently repair wrist, though my face did bounce off the dirt. I didn't move much off the ground as I was trying to decide how hurt I was. Of course, Joe tagged me and then all three kids kept yelling "you're it Mom". Yeah, I know. I seemed to have either pulled a tendon or twisted my ankle. There is also a little pain in my wrist, but I think it will go away.
I am just waiting for Jay to get home so that I can go scrapbooking.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Kate, your day sounded awesome right up until the end. It's dangerous being an AWESOME mommy to 3 boys! No wonder they love you so much!