Monday, January 18, 2010

An really nice weekend

We had a really nice weekend. There's really no other way to describe it. I got home super late Friday night from scrapbooking, and amazingly, Jay was still awake. So, by Saturday morning, neither one of us really wanted to get up with the kids. Thankfully, our kids are old enough to deal with themselves for a while in the mornings. They all go potty by themselves and get their toys out to play. Sam takes off his wet pull-up and gets underwear on, etc. Jay and I finally climbed out of bed at 10:30! We made a brunch and then headed outside to work in the wonderful weather. We managed to load a very full trailer and take it to the dump. After that, we had a late lunch and then raked leaves, moved mulch and pretended it was spring. We all stayed outside until it was too dark to see. We had a light dinner after baths and settled for the evening. We did have to watch the Ravens lose which was a bummer.
Sunday, we lounged in bed again and then really just had a relaxing day. The rain prevented any outside projects and football playoffs prevented any indoor projects. All in all, just a really nice weekend.

Joe and Tom are off school today and then Joe has 2 hour early dismissal every other day this week, followed by Monday and Tuesday off next week.
Jay and I are going out to dinner tonight by ourselves. Our neighbor got us a gift certificate for a dinner out for Christmas and she also offered to babysit. So we are taking advantage of it.
We MAY find out something today or tomorrow regarding our move. I am not getting my hopes up though. I am so tired of being jerked around emotionally that I am just not going to feel anything about it.

No comments: