Thursday, January 28, 2010

I can do this

I can do this.
I have to tell myself this often lately. I am a planner. I don't like living unplanned. I prepped myself for moving before now. I quit buying large boxes of cereal, big jars of peanut butter... I packed the blender and didn't buy any more stuff for margaritas. I didn't plan to be here for the majority of January. Now, I may need to plan to be here for February. I unpacked the blender and made margaritas this week. I have now completely unpacked all the sheets sets that I had packed. I bought 2 large boxes of Lucky Charms this evening, instead of one small one. I bought a large jar of peanut butter and another bag of sugar. I'm starting to wonder if the new summer clothes that my mom got the kids for Christmas will even be used any time soon. Will it even be summer by the time we get there? Will it have already moved into fall? Will we be forced to go through a spring warm up here only to move to a fall cooling and do winter all over again? Should I pay tuition for the month of February for Tom? Are we going to do the Cub Scout Space Derby on the 6th? The Gala on the 13th? Joe's field trip on the 22nd (the permission slip has to be in by the 5th)? Could I actually go to the next scrapbooking trip the last weekend in February? Should I plan Jay's b-day for his March 1st birthday?

Deep breath...I can do this.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You can do this because you are a strong, resourceful woman and I admire you. No one would ever want to be in your shoes, even though you get a grand adventure in Australia at the end! It's good that you unpacked the blender- margaritas indeed!