I didn't want to add any negative comments about our trip on the post about a great city, but we have had a few problems here.
First, I was booked on an early flight from Sydney to Brisbane, but it turned out that I was on a much later flight instead. Changing the flight would have cost me $600 so I had to just cool my heels in the Sydney airport instead. Not usually a problem, but I had already spent 22 1/2 hours on planes and just wanted to get there.
Second, on my final flight from Sydney to Brisbane, my eardrum on the right ear just would equalize. I couldn't get it to "pop". I hoped that it would finally straighten out on the ground, but it just didn't. After two days of intense pain and pressure, we finally got an appointment at a local clinic. Even with the appointment we had to wait 70 minutes to see the doctor. She put me on a bunch of meds to help with the pain but said that the best relief will come when my ear drum bursts! I never in my life thought that I would hope for something like this. Still, 5 days after the flight, it hasn't yet. The meds have helped with the pain, but it is still not better.
Third, the rain started after two days here and rained solid and hard for about 36 hours and intermittenly since then. Somewhat odd because South East Queensland is in a severe drought, the worst that they have had in 100 years.
And most of all, our realtor informed us today that the Laurel Brook house that we loved so much will probably be going under contract tomorrow.
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment