Well, I found out this evening that our dream house is gone. A non-contengent contract was offered and accepted. I am crushed. I was upset when I thought it was gone the first time, but there was still some hope, but I have to say that there is none now.
The news really took all the steam out of me. I had really been going great on the house. I was going to paint the half-bath today, but I loss all energy and drank a pitcher of margaritas instead. Yea, I know. Not the smartest thing. I haven't drank anything in a while. I didn't drink anything for a while before my trip and then I didn't drink while I was in Australia.
I had a tasty meal this evening delivered by my friend Jenny. The boys didn't like the rice, but enjoyed the chicken.
On the plus side, I got the deck most of the way screwed down. Jay (for some reason) only put about half the screws in the deck when he put the decking on. He then went back and put about another 1/4 in. I worked this evening (before the bad news) on putting the screws in. Of course, i ran out with about 15 screws to go. I guess that means that I will just have to make yet another run to the hardware store. I seem to be making daily trips there.
I pulled a toilet all by myself yesterday. I am very proud that I handled the whole thing by myself.
I can't wait until Jay gets home. We have about 2 weeks to go. His project has done about 3 flights so far. The first went well, but the second didn't go so well. The third is flying tonight. Hopefully, it goes well.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I worried about the rice...you never know about these things. I am glad you enjoyed it, though. I am so proud of you pulling the toilet on your own and doing the decking too. I installed our dishwasher by myself about a year and a half ago - while very pregnant and know the feeling of accomplishment doing something on your own can bring. Feel better.
Post a Comment