Saturday, April 4, 2009
The Most livable city in the World
Brisbane Australia has the motto of being the most livable city in the world. I would agree! Not that I am totally experienced with a lot of cities, but Brisbane is beautiful and is wonderfully easy to get around. It is very easy to walk, bus, or river ferry anywhere. It is a fairly young city with the most development starting in the 1980's. Before then, the government wouldn't sell flood insurance and the Brisbane river used to flood with some frequency. In the late 1970's, they built a dam upstream in order to control some of the flood levels (they had had a massive flood in 1974) and soon after the government started with the flood insurance. Development really took off from then. I can't post any pictures since I am working on the hotel computer, but will post plenty when I get back. The city has wonderful parks and even a koala reserve on the outskirts of town. We are having a great time despite the unhelpful weather. I will post more later on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment