It seems like everyday I email Jay more problems or bad news. I am sure that he is not happy reading it, as there is nothing he can do to help me.
Yesterday, we tried to have the septic pumped. What Jay and I thought was the cleanout is not. It took the nice man and I about 15 minutes to find where it was. The last (and stupid) owners put in the new tank in early 2002 and promptly planted a tree right on top of the lid!! We can't clean it out without moving or destroying the tree. Oh, and there's a robin with eggs nesting in that same tree.
I got to stand in the rain for about 30 minutes yesterday while all this was going on. I came inside to find that Sammy had been productive. He was trying to clean out the fridge. Unfortunately, there was a huge 6 lb package of ground beef from BJ's in there. I had opened it and removed 1 lb, rewrapped it (with the plan of dividing and freezing after the septic man left), and placed it back in the fridge. Sammy took it out of the fridge and then left the dogs out of my bedroom. The dogs ate about 4 lbs of it. I think that they just got full or would have eaten the last pound as well. They were still sort of guarding it when I came it. Well, that was about 15 dollars worth of meat gone.
Shortly after all that, I started getting really sick. Vomitting and diaherra. It was non-stop and painful. Then I started shaking because I was so cold. We still have no heat so our house is a bit cool. I already suffer from low body temp (my usual is about 96.8). I took my temp and it had dropped to 95.7! No wonder I was freezing! I took a really hot bath and laid in bed. Sammy, thank goodness, had gone down for a nap and was giving me a slight break. The big boys were building with the knex and also had excellent behavior.
Tommy came to me at about 7:30 and told me that his finger hurt. It was hugely swollen and completely white! I got a neighbor to watch the other two boys and I took Tommy to Nighttime Pediatrics. It turns out that he had a splinter in his finger. It was so small, that we couldn't even see it without magnification. He had picked up (somehow) a staph infection in his finger. The splinter was removed and the would was drained. He is still highly contagious until it stops draining. We also have antibotics and an antibotic cream. yeah.
I am feeling slightly better this morning, just weak and freezing. I can't seem to get my body temp above 96 for very long.
The biggest reason I have this is due to my thyroid. I could probably benefit from a higher dose. The problem is that the last time we tried a higher dose, I felt great for about 3 weeks and then felt completely wired and my heart would not stop racing. Once we lowered my dose again, the heart problem stopped and I didn't feel wired anymore.
I am ready for Jay to be home. We have just under 2 weeks to go!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Please call me if you need anything.
Good God, Kate! WTF? I wish I could flip a switch and make things happy for you again. Call me after you call Jenny. You know we'd try to help you with anything we could!
Post a Comment