Friday, April 24, 2009

Sick and tired

Part way through the day yesterday, my body temp went from being too low to too high. I was running a fever of about 101 yesterday evening and my throat started hurting. I still had a fever and massively sore throat this morning so I called my doctor and made an appointment. One of my other neighbors watched the boys while I went to the doctor and then to fill my prescription. They did a quick strep test which usually takes about 5 minutes to give a result. Mine came back positive in less than a minute! They also ran a test for mono which came back negative (thank goodness!). They ran the mono test because I am so tired that I was falling asleep in the waiting room (where I had to wait for 35 minutes!) and in the exam room. I think I was just so tired because I could sleep well last night. My throat hurt and it was making me thirsty. I would want so water, but that required me to get out of bed which then made me feel cold (because of the fever) then I had a hard time getting back to sleep because I was cold.
I have antibotics and should be feeling better in a couple of days. A friend brought me a meal for tonight so at least I don't have to worry about that. Strep and staph apparently go hand in hand and the doctor thinks Tommy probably touched my toothbrush with his infected finger. Our toothbrushes are all stored together so it would be hard for him to touch mine by accident.
The half bath has the ceiling painted, but hasn't gotten any farther. I was just too tired to do anything else. Perhaps tomorrow I will feel up to painting.
I mostly communicate with Jay through email, though he is unable to check it every day. It had been a few days and he checked it overnight (he is 14 hours ahead of me). He wrote me a wonderful email that said that I didn't have to work on any more projects, that they could all just wait. Of course, part of the reason that we don't have to work on anything quickly is because we won't be buying the house that we loved...
Joe had several green days in a row at school, but had a yellow yesterday. Today he brought home a red! He got kicked out of music class and gym today and was on red by lunch time. He spent half of his recess with the principal! Joe told his teacher that he was acting up because his dad is gone. Mrs. Maxwell wrote a long note home today.
Tommy didn't get to go to school today as his finger is still draining. He didn't mind since he got to play at our neighbor's house while I went to the doctor.
Jay's email also updated his work in Australia. The most recent flight tests did not go well at all. He is still scheduled to arrive home on May 5th so far. We are keeping our fingers crossed!

No comments: