I had it pretty tough when I was in junior high school (7th and 8th grade). We were the only two grades in that building and my mother was the only 7th grade literature teacher. If you were in the 7th grade, you had my mom for a teacher. That meant all my friends had her as a teacher. It was very hard for me since there were many kids that didn't do well in my mom's class and chose to take it out on me. I got picked on a lot and didn't have many friends. There were a few girls that would have been friends with me, but everyone who tried to be my friend, got picked on too. I had several guy friends and by the time I was in 8th grade, I had several 7th grade friends. One friend was my best friend though. His name was Jesse and we were very close. My dad lost his job half way through my 8th grade year. Dad moved to Indiana for 6 months until we finished school and moved there too. Jesse and I were friends for a while after after I moved, but 8 hours away from each other is just too far. Back then, there wasn't as much internet/email that there is now. I have thought about him from time to time and had looked on facebook for him, but he wasn't listed under our old school and his name is just too common to search it by itself.
Two days ago, I got a friend request from him on facebook. He had found me. He had just joined a few weeks ago. He is currently living in Sweden. He wrote on my wall just to say hi and I too wrote on his wall and asked how he ended up in Sweden. He then sent me a book of a message. He is having a tough time there and needed a friend. We have been writing since then and it is amazing that it seems almost like no time has passed at all.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment