Our little chicks finally have a coop. Jay spent Memorial Day weekend building a coop for them. It is not completely done, but it is pretty much there. So, I moved the chicks into it yesterday afternoon, just before the rain. I opened the door for them this morning, but since it was cold, they had not desire to come out. Later in the day, I checked on them. Two had gotten out of the coop and couldn't figure out how to get back in. They huddled underneath it, trying to stay warm. The other 6 inside were huddled back in the far corner trying to stay warm and out of the draft from the door. I decided that I would just have to close the door. I gave them a heat lamp and chased the other two around the yard a bit. Finally I caught them and put them back in the coop. They are warm and happy now.
They really enjoyed being out and in the yard over the weekend. Hopefully, it will warm back up so that they can go out again.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment