Friday, September 11, 2009

FRICK!!!!!! and salsa!

That is the nice word of what I really really wanted to say this morning. But I was very very proud of myself for not saying anything other than "oh oh oh".
I was playing hide and go seek with Sam this morning. It was my turn to hide and his turn to count. He can only count to 5 and he does it very fast so the hider has to go hide very quickly. He sat down on the couch and I took off running to his bedroom. As I went to go through the door, I hit my foot either on the door or the door frame. The pain was intense, but I scrambled to the space next to the bed to hide. When I hit my foot, I fell down from the pain. It was that bad. I couldn't walk for about 10 minutes. (Sam found me right away; probably because I was holding my foot, rocking back and forth on the floor, saying "oh, oh, oh") Even now, 4 1/2 hours later, it is very difficult to walk and my foot is in pain, even if I am not moving it. My two littlest toes are swollen and the second to smallest is the wrong color.



It turns out that our tomato plants are doing okay despite not looking great. They don't have late season blight after all! Yea! So last night we decided we needed to process the 40+ tomatoes we have picked this week. We used tomatoes, green peppers and jalpanos from the garden along with some store bought onions to make 9 pints of wonderfully spicy salsa. The kitchen still smells like yummy salsa. I can't wait to try some!


1 comment:

Jessica said...

Ouch! My second to smallest toe on my right foot is slightly bent inwards like yours is in this picture. I opened a door into that toe when I was in high school. I think I broke it. It took FOREVER to not hurt when I walked.

Luckily with this cold weather you could wrap a bunch of gauze around it, pull a sock over the whole thing, and then strap a sandal under the whole mess. And beg the children, dogs, husband, and everything you walk past not to touch it!

Good luck with that!