Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tommy's school

Tommy had his open house today at school. He towers, I do mean towers, above everyone! The next tallest boy comes up to Tommy's chin. I feel a little sorry for Tom. He is so much bigger than everyone and is older too. I hope that he does well this year. It was a little weird for me to be there today. I kept seeing moms that I have met throughout the years at Galilee. However, they were all there with the younger kids. Kids who started a year after Tom, but now Tom is in school with them.
Of course, we love Galilee though and probably wouldn't go anywhere else. I did look into a few other places, but some of them wanted me to sign a year tuition contract...of course I couldn't do that.
Poor Sam will never get to go to Galilee though. He is not old enough this year and will be going to Kindergarten by the time we get back.
We finally got some sort of birthday plan for Tom's b-day. As usual, we couldn't figure out what to do. Our house is not able to have company right now and money is way too tight to afford anything else. I asked Tommy what he wanted to do for his birthday and he said he wanted a party at Oma's house. Cambridge is an hour and a half away. Highly doubtful that anyone will be able to make it. Totally understandable. I just have always felt bad for my kids. They just don't have the close friends that a lot of other kids do. We've had friends throughout the years, but some things just haven't worked out. Either the ages of my kids don't line up with my friends' kids or they move away or something.
And of course, Tom's b-day will always fall right around Labor Day just like Joe's will always fall around Thanksgiving.
Granted, there is no Thanksgiving in Australia and Labor Day is at a different time. But Sam's birthday will now conflict with Australia Day.

No comments: