As the day grew longer and more painful in the foot, I decided that as soon as Jay was home from work, I was going to see a doctor. I figured there is probably not much that can be done for me, but I feel like I need a doctor's note to get any sympathy from Jay. So, I left the house at 5:50 and arrived at Patient First and signed in by 6:10. I've never been there but the alternative (Nighttime Peds) is a nightmare everytime we have had to go. I got called back within 5 minutes, had my vitals taken, and x-ray done by 6:40. Of course, I started to feel pretty excited that I may get out of there in record time for a Switzer family urgent care visit. Nope, not at all. While I didn't beat the standing record for longest visit (set by Joe in 2006, 3 1/2 for 2 stitches in his forehead), I came close at 2 hours 45 minutes. The exam room had nothing in it. No magazines, no pamplets, nothing. I, of course, had nothing with me to do. I tend to think about that after I am already in the situation. It was a chilly 68 degrees in the room and I wasn't dressed for anything that cool. My foot hurt too much to hobble anywhere in search of anything so I sat and suffered.
The nurse practioner came in and reviewed the x-rays with me. I have two small factures on my toe/foot. The larger of the two is under the dark bruised area on my toe and the smaller one is back farther on my foot (there is a slight bruise over top it). Unfortunately, there's just not a whole lot that can be done. I have to use crutches until Tuesday morning and have to wear a stiff boot thing as well. By Tuesday am, it should be feeling somewhat better and will be on restricted use for up to another 2 weeks (no jogging or even long distance walking....just the walking needed for daily living, maybed).
This really puts a cramp in my weekend plans since I was going to work hard on the house this weekend. Ugh.
He also gave me some Vicodin for nighttime use. He faxed it to the pharmacy I requested, but of course, it was closed by the time I got there. I am not sure if I will use it or not. Last time I used something like that I had a panic attack.
Well, I'll figure something out, but what a bummer!
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment