I took a day of rest on Sunday from excerise and then regretted it. I just didn't want to get up in the morning, but it's not like I slept in or anything. MOMS Club drama in the morning caused me stress all day. I hate conflict, even if I am not directly involved.
Most of Sunday was just not very productive. I folded a little laundry, I did some dishes, made dinner, but that was it. My house is full of boxes that I have no where to put. Before Jay left for Australia, we were putting boxes in the attic of the garage. Then we weren't moving so the boxes that I packed while Jay was gone have sat in the basement. Now we are moving to Australia and everything that I packed before needs to be gone through. We are limited on both what we can store and what we can take with us. NGC will only ship 1400 lbs of stuff and store only 11,000 lbs of stuff. The 11,000 will be all of our furniture, books and dishes. We are hoping that the limit is enough. Once we made the decision to move to Australia, I started packing our books. We have 21 boxes of books. This doesn't count children's books as we will be taking many of those with us.
Those boxes are also sitting in the basement. Of course, with all that weight on the floor, the floating floor can't float anymore and can't shift when it expands. The floor is now buckling in many places. Jay really wants to get all the stuff out of there, but we have no where to put it. He doesn't want to put in up in the top of the garage because everything up there should be sorted again with a different purpose in mind. Jay would like to empty one side of the bottom of the garage for me to have a place for sorting and storing. We have to pay to store the Checker and the motorcycles and tools anyway. I was going to wait until late fall to pay for storing that stuff, but Jay thinks we should do it sooner. That way I would have a place to stack boxes. Okay, sounds good. I will just suck it up and pay. Then the next day, Jay says we should wait until August because he just doesn't have enough free weekends until then to move the stuff to storage. Okay...but what are we going to do with the boxes? He doesn't know and doesn't like any of the ideas that I have given. Some of my ideas:
1) top of the garage- no, doesn't want to carry them up the ladder just to carry them back down. Plus no room to separate them from the ones that are up there.
2) get the toys out of the basement and store boxes until fall there- no, he wants to get the floor cleared so that he can fix the floor.
3) move the Checker out of the garage so that we can move things around in there and have one side empty- no, the Checker must be in the garage. (Okay, this car was built in 1963 and bought by his grandparents brand new in the fall of 63'. The car was never parked in a garage until Jay finished building his in 2007. The paint has been bad for years. It won't hurt it too much more to move it out for a few months. Geez.)
4) Smartbox- rent a Smartbox and park it in the driveway for a few months. (I don't really like this option, but at least I wouldn't be banging into boxes all the time). --Jay says no, too expensive.
I am worried that I will have boxes everywhere until mid to late August. I have no more room to pack more boxes. Packing and sorting is a huge project and I feel like I need to be working on this now, not waiting until fall to pack up more. Plus, I just don't like have no room to move around the house.
I did successfully get up and jog this morning. I was happy to get back at it even though I was very unhappy about getting out of bed. I am really tired this morning.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment