I came home and walked inside on rubbery legs. I folded some laundry and this and that. Jay decided it would be a great morning to knock off some small projects on our giant to do list. He managed to get three things done. The garbage disposal has been on the list for about 6 months, the bathroom tub drain has been on the for over 4 years and the bathroom cabinet only a week. While he was working on some of these, I buzzed all the kids hair off for the summer. Tommy and Sammy have never had a buzz cut so I was curious to see what they would look like.
Joe and Tom's pictures don't look as cute as they do look with their cuts. Of course, before their hair cuts, I would key off of their hair in order to tell them apart from a distance. They look very much alike now. It will be tough for friends to tell the difference if Jay and I are having problems. The new cuts should help with a lot of the sweating that Tommy complains about. He sweats the most out of all the kids. He also had the thickest hair before the trim. Hopefully, this will help a bit.
Jay took Joe to a birthday party at 2 and then he met us at the MOMS Club Chili Cookoff and Cookout. He actually beat us (Tom, Sam and I) there. Jake had had another seizure right when we were getting ready to leave. I didn't want to leave him alone until he had recovered.
We had a great time with friends and food. The hostess had an above ground pool as well as a perfect backyard for kids. The pool had a little deck with a gate that latched and the entire huge yard was fenced. They also had plenty of out door toys. Sammy played a whole lot while Joe and Tom stayed in the pool the entire time. We had to force them out to get them dinner, but they went right back in.
All in all, a good day. The boys had good behavior all day, the rain didn't bother the cookout and Jay and I only stayed up until 10:30. I didn't win the cookoff. I found out that Jay didn't even vote for mine. Geez.

1 comment:
I didn't vote for Ken's either :-) Had to be honest - Ken was bummed cause if I had voted for his he said he would have been in second place instead of tied for second with George.
Post a Comment