They say that everything gets easier the more you do it. I'm still waiting for that. Every morning seems like a struggle to get up and get moving. Plus the moving itself isn't getting any easier. I did pretty well on my jogging on Monday once I got out of bed. I was cozy and didn't really want to get up, but I did.
I built Legos with the boys all morning. We went out to lunch and then to the park to play with the bouncy balls (from the dentist last week). These super bouncy balls are great on hard surfaces, but dangerous in the house. The b-ball court at Fort Smallwood park works perfectly for bouncing.
The playground there is also one of our favorites. Yesterday, it wasn't though. Once side of the playground was surround by a large amount of water and the water smelled bad...like sewage. We didn't stay long and we seemed to be the only people bothered by it. One woman was letter her son ride his scooter through it over and other (it was covering a paved path). Someone else let her two small girls walk through it. Another person let their dog drink from it. Yuck!
I wasn't the only one who smelled it. I trust Joe's nose. He has a very sensative and correct sense of smell. He thought it smelled really bad too.
We came home and got ready for our neighbor to come visit. I watch him two days a week in the afternoon. Sam and Carl had the cutest conversation yesterday. Carl will be three in about 2 weeks. They were sitting next to each other on the couch.
Sam: "Carl, I got a broken toe"
Carl: "I brought badmitton"
Sam: "I got a broken toe"
Carl: "I brought badmitton"
Sam: "I got a broken toe"
Carl: "I have badmitton"
Sam: "Look, I got a broken toe"
Carl looks very closely at the now healed broken toe and says "I got badmitton"
It was very very cute and I was trying not to giggle.
We later played badmitton in the front yard, or at least Carl and Sam swung some rackets around. Not a good idea. Sam hit Carl right on the corner of his eye. Left a nice little cut and bruise. Poor kid.
Sammy just didn't quite act himself yesterday, almost like he was getting sick. About an hour after Carl left, Sammy was running a bit of a fever and fell asleep on my bed. After he slept there for about 1 1/2 hours, I moved him to his own bed. He was really hot then so I woke him enough to give him some medicine. He went right back to sleep. He never got any dinner since he slept through it.
I got up about 15 minutes or so late this morning. I had forgotten to set the alarm but the trash trucks woke me up. I forced myself out of bed and got dress to jog. As I was hunting for socks, Jay said that I needed to be fast today. I asked why and was told that he needed to be in the shower by 7. I looked at the clock. It was now 6:49. I am usually gone about half an hour for jogging/walking and an hour for walking. Well, I guess I'm not going then. I couldn't even really go back to bed since I was already dressed and Sam was laying in my spot. I curled up on the end of bed and waited to steal Jay's spot. By 7:10, I was pretty irritated. He finally rolled out of bed, but I should have just jogged. I was trying to be considerate.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment