Last night, Kira and I took our friend Melissa out for a night on the town. Melissa's hubby has been in the Middle East for the last 4 months, and she couldn't get out since she had no babysitter. We met at Melissa's house and had a beer while we planned our night. We decided to brave Coconut Charlie's which is about 1 mile from my house. I had briefly been in there once before (around midnight on a Saturday) and it was a rougher kinda of place that night. Our thinking was that perhaps it would be okay around 8ish and then we could go to Bamboo Bernies.
We drank Blue Moon's (on tap, with orange slices) and I think I did a shot of something at one point. The details are pretty fuzzy. I remember empting my stomach outside the back of the bar and Melissa and Kira calling me and cab. I think I was threatening to try to walk home. I meant it is only a mile or so and I was wearing a black shirt and would have been walking home, very very drunk on a narrow road with no shoulders. No problem, right? Probably a good thing that I got poured into a cab.
I vaguely remember the cab arriving at my house, but I don't remember getting out, coming in, going upstairs. I do sorta remember trying to sleep on the floor of the half bath. Jay was a good hubby and got me into bed.
Needless to say, I was quite hung over this morning and have swore off massive drinking. Granted I said that 8 years ago, the last time I did something like this.
I spent the day recovering and seem to be none the worse this evening.
We ate dinner at the Double T Diner, which probably has the longest menu
I have ever seen. Food was good, though more expensive than I would have guessed.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment