My husband loves pie. It is his favorite. It pretty much doesn't matter what kind, he just loves pie. He often tells me that homemade pie (with homemade crust) is the best, but he would rather have a store bought crust as long as he gets pie.
Anyway, yesterday, he sat on the couch with a copy of one of my cooking mags and showed me a picture of a pie. I sorta glanced at it and asked if he wanted me to make it. "No, I just thought I'd point it out," he said. What this really means is "Yes, but I don't want to ask or guilt you into anything since I'm sure you are busy enough."
I planned to make the pie today, but forgot to read the receipe before leaving the house for the store. I knew it was three layers and the top layer was Cool Whip (it was in a cool whip ad) and that there was chocolate involved. I was also pretty sure that the crust was an oreo crust. I purchased 1 box of chocolate pudding and a tub of cool whip and was pretty sure I was set. I thought I had an oreo crust at home.
Lo and Behold, I didn't have the crust or the 2nd box of chocolate pudding or the pecans or the 3 oz of semi-sweet chocolate needed for the pie. Instead, I used a grahnam cracker crust, a box of vanilla pudding (to mix with the chocolate), walnuts, and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
I told Jay I messed up the pie he wanted to which he replied "I'd rather have messed up pie than no pie at all."
The pie was perfect and may have been too much chocolate had I followed the directions so I am glad it turned out well.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment