Today was parent visit day at Joe's school. From 9-11, parents are allowed to come in and observe the kids going through their day. I, of course, had to take Sammy and Tommy with me to see. I really wanted to see how Joe acted in class since we have really struggled with his behavior this year and last at school. Tommy was great and sat so still in the seat in order to watch everything the teacher was doing. Little Sam, however, was all over the room, pulling things off of shelves and knocking things over. We only got to stay 10 minutes because I felt like the students were getting off task by having Sam in the room.
Today was also parent/teacher conference for me with Joe's teacher after school. The official conferences are next week, but we will be out of town. I dropped Tommy and Sam with my neighbor and walked over to school in time to see Joe getting on his bus. My neighbor's son is also in Joe's class and she was going to let all the kids play together after school (watching 6 kids at once! Her 3 and my 3).
The conference went about like I expected. Joe won't pay attention to detail. He either won't stay on task and complete his work or he rushes through it and does a cruddy job so he can do something else. He is just too interested in what everyone else is doing and won't focus on Joe. His teacher is out of ideas. His behavior was not great in September, much better in October, but she said it is sliding downhill again. He was on 'red' today. He finished the class day blue, but was then throwing his lunch box while waiting for the bus, and ended the day on red.
Jay has poker night tonight and is due for a night out. I have been so busy lately that I haven't gotten to spend much time with him. I am going out again tomorrow night for scrapbooking. I have a Holiday Open House on Saturday and then we leave on Sunday for Indiana.
Well, I need to go scrape something together for dinner. I'm sure the kids won't eat it and Joe will complain before I even serve it that he doesn't like it or want it. That's just how it is.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment