Saturday, April 10, 2010

Allergies strike

It's that time of year again. Pollen, pollen everywhere. Gosh, I really dislike it. It's wonderful weather outside, so we wanted the windows open. Now every surface in my house is covered with a fine green dusting. My eyes hurt. My head hurts. I sneeze. I feel miserable unless I am inside a pollen free, air-conditioned area, which doesn't happen much.
Allergy medicine either works great and makes me sleepy or doesn't work very well. I can't seem to find any that work, with no sleepy side effects. I supposed I could actually go see my doctor, but that becomes a real pain with dragging kids along or finding a babysitter.
I used to take allergy meds year round when I was younger, high school and early college. Later in college, I quit using them because I lived in a house that was fully climate controlled. The windows had been painted and nailed shut years ago.
AC ran from the first warm day until the last. I also worked full time, went to school full time and had to do 16 hours a week for my internship so I didn't seem much time outside. I did take care of the yard and the flowerbeds, but just an OTC medicine would cover me just fine for that.

I escaped from the house again last night for a little scrapbook time with Sherry and Jenn. I was able to get some layouts done and some relaxing time in as well. I am scheduled to go back to Great Scraps next Friday with Sherry, Dorene and Marie.
My diet has been going really well for the last almost 3 weeks. I haven't broken it once. I am down about 6 pounds and 1 clothing size. I am very happy with the results so far, though the pizza and candy at GS last night were tempting. I stuck to the plan though and didn't have anything. I had eaten at home before leaving so I wasn't actually hungry. It can just be hard watching everyone else eat yummy pizza while not having any. The pizza that they order for Great Scraps is really good when hot, but horrible when room temp. So by the time I was a little hungry, the pizza was 2 1/2 hours out of the oven and not really a temptation anymore.
We are hoping to run the kids into the ground this weekend. They are just too wild and no amount of outside time this week has settled them. We going to try to change that this weekend.

No comments: