Monday, April 5, 2010

Our Spring Break

We had a really great spring break. We rode bikes every day that it was nice. We'd head out every morning just after breakfast and ride for about an hour before coming back from the school.
Wednesday night, I stole some time out of the house to go to a movie with my friend Brandi. She doesn't get a chance to get out much either. We saw the movie "Green Zone" and I really liked it. Two thumbs up!
We dyed 30 eggs on Thursday after bike riding and we had a lot of fun. The boys can get pretty creative sometimes.
We went to Patapsco State Park on Friday for a hike and picnic. We did the Cascade Falls Trail which is a 2.2 mile steep trail. We had a really great time. We ate a picnic lunch in the car (all the tables were full and I forgot a blanket). We walked the suspension bridge a couple of times. We finished the afternoon with some time on the playground before leaving the park. I snuck out for a few hours to scrapbook with Angie and Sherry, but I wasn't out long and was home in bed before 10 pm.
Saturday, the boys spent the entire day outside helping Jay pick up piles of brush to haul to the dump. We lost several pine trees around the garden area during the snow and they all had to be picked up and hauled away.
Sunday, we packed up the new bikes and headed over to my parents' house for Easter. We did an egg hunt in the back yard and then decorated the bikes after lunch for the Easter parade. Last year was the first parade for the neighbor and Sammy didn't know how to pedal. The boys loved it this year, partly because it was much warmer than last year. Sammy was also able to keep up with everyone this year.
Today we went to the National Air and Space Museum, Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center. It is located out next to Dulles airport, so it is a bit of a drive. We really had a great time today seeing all the airplanes. I also took the boys to an IMAX movie about fighter pilots. We left around 2:30 for the 1 1/2 hour drive home...and it took 3 hours! At one point, I really needed gas so I picked the first exit to get off on. It turned out to be a residential area and I had to go about 5 miles down the road before I finally saw a gas station. Then I had to pay $3.20 a gallon! Cripes! Of course, then I had to drive 5 miles back up to the creeping beltway. Ugh.

I posted pictures of our spring break on my facebook account. Loads of fun was had!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

that sounds awesome! I love that part of Patapsco state Park. Hiking and bike riding are two activities that I look forward to doing with my kids when they get older. We keep trying it now and it's definitely a mini-version of what I wish I could do!

You should come over and hang out sometime soon!