Yesterday, during an enjoyable birthday party, Jessica asked me what have I been up to lately. I thought for a second and then answered nothing really. Of course that bothered me just a bit so I was thinking about it some more last night. And the answer really truly is nothing.
For the first time since elementary school, I am not involved in lots of stuff.
I am not in the MOMS Club anymore. My membership ran out and with the upcoming move, I decided not to renew. Of course, had I known we'd be here for so long, I would have renewed ages ago. And now, it just seems kinda silly to renew.
I am not involved with anything at either of my kids' schools for the same reason. Don't want to commit because of the move.
While I am still a consultant for CTMH, I'm not selling because I have no clue how long until we move. I still have my webpage, but that's it.
I pretty much spend the day with the kids. I don't get much done during the day as I can't leave Sam unattended. (On a side note, today he dumped out a 1/2 full bag of sugar that I had left out on the counter. I was bringing in groceries from the car when he pushed a chair over the counter and dumped. I was gone less than a minute. Of course, he dumped it onto of the stove and the pans that were still sitting on it. Sugar all in the stove top and had to be vacuumed, etc.)
We play and then I try to do a chore or two during their quiet time. Really, I just feel like I am sitting around doing nothing. One would think that I would get to see my friends more now that I am not busy, but I really don't go out either. Gosh, I need a life.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Come over and play!
Post a Comment