So today just didn't start out well because I had to deal with Jay and his truck instead of getting done what I needed to get done. While sitting on the side of the road with Jay and his busted truck, we got a call that Tom spit on a girl at school and was being kicked out...again. Lovely. So, we picked him up and went home. Jay took my truck back out to his truck again and was finally able to fix it. Of course, then he had to drive home, get us, and drive back out to get his truck. But it is home and running.
Joe got off the bus with a big pouty lip. A sure sign that he did not have a good day at school. Oh boy, he sure didn't. He got in trouble for touching another student. He was tickling another boy despite the fact that the other boy asked him to stop. The gym teacher saw it, warned Joe about his behavior and then reported to his regular teacher about it. Well, his regular teacher sent him to the principal. I think it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Time and time again, he gets asked to leave other students alone, but he never stops. Joe got in big trouble and came home with a written referral and a letter from the principal. Great.
It was a day that I just have to wonder what I am doing wrong as a parent. I love my children. We do fun stuff together, we read together, we are nice and kind to our kids, we do timeouts when needed and reward all that we can. It becomes very frustrating when stuff like this happens. It makes both Jay and I feel as if we are doing something horribly wrong. How did we end up with the "bad" kids?
Friday, April 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment