Thursday, April 29, 2010

Getting dirty

There is something very theraputic about getting dirt beneath my fingernails. I love preparing flower beds and filling them with plants. (I just don't like weeding them!)
We are trying to get the house ready to sell so I am filling flower beds with pretty annuals. I am also making some new beds. Next to the lower level deck is a blank space that used to have our deck stairs. Since we don't have the stairs, we just have a blank space between the lower deck and the sidewalk. Perfect flower bed! We purchased some annuals yesterday and will be headed back today for the shurbs. The problem has been to figure out what I would want to plant there. It is not the sunniest spot, in fact, I would class it as partial shade to full shade. It gets sun mostly in the late afternoon (like after 4pm).
I am still not completely decided on what I would like to plant. I will have to go back to the nursery and take another look at what they have. I guess perhaps, I could go to a different nursery, but I like the local one some much. They are just really limited on their shade plants.

No comments: