Monday, April 26, 2010

A perfect storm of laundry




I usually do laundry about 4 days a week, with about 9 loads total a week. Since I was sick last week, have sick kids now and wasn't home yesterday, the laundry got a little backed up. This picture shows all but 3 loads of laundry (1 in washer, 1 in dryer, 1 waiting in laundry room). While I could wait on a few of these loads until tomorrow, I just need to power through and get them done. Everything on the floor or in baskets is dirty and waiting to be washed. The couch is currently holding most of three loads of kids clothes. I have nothing better to do today since I have two kids home sick.
All told, this will be about 14-15 loads. I know, you're jealous. You wish that you too could wash, fold and put away this much laundry.
(Please ignore the pile of boxes in the far corner of the room. That's just how we roll right now.)