Thursday, April 22, 2010

Poor mom, poor Sam

So on Monday night, I started to feel sick. Really sick. Thankfully, no stomach issues, but headache, fever, runny nose, etc.
I pretty much decided I was done in yesterday around 5. Jay got home at 5:30 and took the reins for me. He made dinner, got kids to bed, etc. while I rested.
Then about 9:30 last night, Sam woke up crying. He stumbled out of his room, went potty and went back to bed, crying the whole time. I got up with him and helped him with everything. I fell asleep around 10, and Sam was back up around 11. Jay got up with him this time. Sam was crying about being thirsty. Jay gave him a glass of water and tucked him back in. At 12:30, I woke up to the sound of Sam crying, again. I went in to check on him and he was crying that his blankets were dirty. I asked why he thought they were dirty and he said he threw up. I turned on the light in the hall and sure enough, he had a mess all over his face, pillow and blankets. He was also burning up! I cleaned him up and gave him some meds to lower his fever. He slept in a bit this morning, but was still running a high temperature. Sam is certainly not his usual self this morning, but we think his stomach problem was probably mostly due to the fact he didn't eat any dinner last night. At least, he hasn't had any more tummy issues.
I, thankfully, am feeling much better today. Not well, but just much better than yesterday.

No comments: