It gets us everytime. The kids get crazy with excitement, I get stressed, Jay gets stressed. Everything piles up. We get irritated and then go on vacation. The travel is usually stressful and we don't always enjoy it like we should. Kids are always short on sleep, etc., etc.
Add to this that I am working for the entire day on the day we are leaving. After work, we will be driving 12 hours to Chicago to catch the train to Montana. Once on the train, I know we can relax, but that's a ways away.
Tonight I showed our neighbor how to care for the chickens. About 30 minutes later, her husband called and talked to Jay for a bit. He told Jay that they really just couldn't watch the chickens after all. Okay. It is now 9 pm and we have to find someone else to watch the chickens. We did some calling with no luck. Then we called Jessica and she saved the day. We just have to drop the chickens off at her house tomorrow to be coop guests.
I am really looking forward to the trip, once we get pass the stressful part. I haven't ridden the train in 6 years, since Joe was just a baby. I think the kids will really enjoy it, though boredom may sit in. I have some ideas about getting past it, hopefully they will work.
I need to pack my clothes and Jay's clothes and then most of the packing will be done. Then I can go to bed.
I doubt that I will write anything until I get back.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment