Monday, July 6, 2009

Um, what?

I was babysitting my neighbor's son today at his house. They have a pool so we all went swimming. As I was serving the afternoon treat, Jay came home. He knew where to find me and came over to the house. At first I thought "holy cow, it's 5:30 already!" but then realized that there was just no way for it to be 5:30. It wasn't. It was only about 4:45. What brings you home early, I asked.
Well, Jay had some big stuff to discuss with me.
Yeah....
Some higher up guy came to Jay today (the guy is one of the ones who's coordinating some of the Australia stuff). The guy asked Jay if he was still on the list for Austraila. Then proceded to ask Jay if he would be ready to move in July. July 2010? No, July as in this month. Jay then said, well how about January. The guy said "how about August?" Jay then said he would have to talk to me.
August.
As in a month from now.
What????!!!!!!!
So, here's the deal. We have no clue if Jay will actually be needed. NGC has decided to move some of the Australia stuff to Australia earlier rather than later. As of tomorrow, Jay's name will be on the list to move earlier too. No clue if they will actually move Jay and we probably won't know until early August if they actually plan to move Jay early. We would go too.
I am going to do my very very best not to freak completely out. I am a planner and a worrier. I don't like this not knowing stuff. Nor do I like the only a few weeks notice stuff. Of course, they could decided not to send Jay and it would be January still.
Just craziness!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That is insane. Let me know if we can help with anything at all.