As a small child, we had a tradion of being dropped off at a local church for vacation bible school. I am doing the same with my kids. For $10 per kid, Joe and Tom go to VBS from 9 am until 12 pm for the entire week. Today was the first day and as usual, it is pretty much organized chaos during drop off and pick up. Once the parents clear it, it's pretty good, but while parents are there, it's really busy. I went down my street at 8:30 and a friend I haven't talked to in a long time pulled out behind me and followed me to VBS. Her kids were going too! Joe and her son Max were in the same preschool, and while both at Ft. Smallwood, were not in the same class. Joe was really happy to see some old friends there. Once I dropped off, I went to my very first yoga session ever. I have done a tiny bit of prenatal yoga and lots of "stretching" classes, but never a yoga session. I loved it. I think I may need to look into beginners yoga when we get back from vacation. After yoga, Sam and I ran to Target and then back to school to pick up the boys. We tried to play on the playground a bit, but Tom was just being a magnet for pain. First a boy hit him with a stick and then he got beat up by a two-year-old. It was hot and we were hungry so we left. We had hoped to go swimming at my neighbors house, but they weren't home.
While out and about today, I suddenly remembered that Jay is going out with his friends tonight and I will be alone. Ugh. I'm not prepared for this tonight. I have to be alone on Wednesday night as well.
We have a pretty full week planned in order to prepare for our trip. We are leaving Saturday night after an all day crop. We tend have to drive to Chicago to board the train by 2 the next afternoon. We are really looking forward to the trip. I am dreading the crop and then drive, but that's the only real stressful part of the trip.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment