Thursday my mother-in-law babysat the kids for me so that I could try to get some things done. I am proud say that I got most of my errands done.
I got birth certificates for Tom and Sam (already have one for Joe).
I got new glasses. Unfortunately, they don't carry the same style as I had gotten last time so I had to branch out to something else. I can always find what I really don't like but have a harder time finding things I do like. The place I go has a 2 pair for $99 special. I was going to end up paying $99 whether I got two pairs or not, so I went ahead and got two pairs. I have always gotten the anti-reflective coating on my glasses, ever since I started wearing glasses in college. I chose not to pay the extra $40 per pair this time. I regret it already. I think I may have to go back and get it.
While waiting for my glasses to finish, I got my hair cut and my lip waxed. My friend Jessica's waxing story inspired me to try it for the first time, but I decided to try it small. It didn't really hurt. My stylist must have misunderstood me when I talked about my hair, at least about the length. It is quite short and I am not sure what to do with it. It looks okay, but I haven't had hair this short before and have a hard time styling it. I'm sure it will work out and it will grow out. Jay was surprised too about the length.
I dropped off my watch to have the crystal replaced. It is completely broken and I was worried about water getting into it. I meant to take my back-up watch in for a battery, but I forgot. Now I am without watch. It is very weird for me and I will have to figure something out before I go insane from not having a watch.
I also used some of the money I earned babysitting the neighbor to buy a new outfit. I got both the shirt and pants on sale! The shirt was $7 off the regular price and the pants were 40% off.
All in all, a successful day. The kids had a fun time with grandma and did pretty well.
I went out with some friends last night for dancing in celebration of a birthday. $6 for a bottomless cup. I tend to drink for about an hour and then switch to diet coke for the rest of the time. I probably should switch to something different than diet coke. I tend to have too much caffeine and spend the rest of the night awake. I spilled a rum and diet coke all over my brand new pants. That was a little irksome. At least it dried quick. I had a pretty good time and actually danced a bit.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment