Okay, so I stayed up way way way too late last night. I tried to sleep. I tried really hard for a little over an hour. Then I gave up and read instead. The biggest problem with the reading that I was doing...it's not a book I've read before. It was also interesting enough that I wasn't sleepy. Jay (who'd been asleep on the couch) came to bed around 1 and fussed at me. I thanked him for his advice (you need to go to sleep) and kept on reading. I finally forced myself to close the book at 3:03 am and turn off the light. I laid there trying to sleep until after 3:30 before finally falling asleep. Yes, yes, I know...you are tired of hearing about my sleep problems. Well, I'm tired of talking about it too, but it's a prominent part of my life right now.
Okay, so the book I'm reading...well, the book I was reading last night...Time Traveler's Wife. I was reading several books at once (which I NEVER do) and finshed Dune Messiah yesterday and TTW this morning. I enjoyed the books, but more about them later, in another post.
Okay, my diet. I got a comment and two emails about this. Here are the problems with my diet:
1) While we don't eat a lot of processed foods, they do sneak in. Things like crackers for our soup, white rice instead of brown, ketchup, salad dressing, pretty much any of the tex mex food I love, etc. None of these are good.
2) Fast food. I hate to admit it, but we eat this about once a week. Sometimes less, but still too much. None of this is good.
3) Caffine free Diet coke. I seem to have a problem with this. I drink about 2-3 cans a day. Occassionally, I cut it down to 1 and sometimes I try to give it up. When I try to go cold turkey on it, I suddenly start eating all kinds of crap, like chips and candy bars. While part of my brain says that caffine free diet coke is better than the other stuff, there is nothing good or healthy about this. I know that I will be able to kick it in Australia as the diet coke they sell has sugar in it and tastes too sweet (also has like 8 calories or something). I had some while I was there last year and hated it. Hopefully, I'll be able to break myself of this. Meanwhile, I just try to limit it to once a day.
4)Sleep. Jillian talks a lot about the sleep our bodies need. I don't get it. The End.
5) Organic. During the summer, we eat a lot more organic food than we do any other times. When stuff is not in season, we don't tend to eat organic. I just buy cheapest. Also, we don't buy organic diary or meat. I am going to try to do better now that I have read some of this book.
6) Fat free. While I eat a whole lot less of this stuff than I used to, I still do use fat free cheese and fat free salad dressing. Bad very bad... basically poison. Weight Watchers is pretty much based on eating fat free.
7) Seafood. We don't eat nearly enough of it. What we do eat, tends to be farm raised and not wild caught. Why, you ask...well, it's complicated. Wild caught is better for the environment, however, after reading article after article in National Geographic or Science News about how over-fishing is wiping out populations...I have a hard time eating wild caught.
8) Protein. We are supposed to eat protein ever 4 hours. I don't. I usually eat just a banana for breakfast and something for lunch, typically salad or soup with not much protein. I will do better. Promise
9) Breakfast. I am bad about this. I get my children a nice breakfast every day, but I eat a banana or nothing. Unless it is a weekend and Jay makes something for me.
Those are pretty much my problems.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment