Sunday, March 21, 2010

A night away and a misplaced purse

So, we decided to use our gift certificate that we won during the silent auction on Friday. I called very early in the week and got a reservation. My parents agree to babysit, but we had to drop off and pick up. I drove the kids over on Friday and then drove straight back. I really dislike doing that, but I was pressed for time. I checked into the hotel before picking Jay up from work. It seemed like a very nice place and the room seemed nice, though it was right next to the ice machine and the closet room to the elevator.
I picked Jay up and we went to Hellas in Millersville for dinner. Jay had gotten a gift certificate to this restaurant for Christmas from work. We'd never eaten there, but I think we will go back. I'd looked online prior to going and had seen rave reviews about their crab cakes. Jay and I each had crab bisque for a starter and Jay gave me the side salad that came with his entree. I would have been just fine with that. Unfortunately, I'd already ordered before eating my starters. I ordered a crab cake sandwich and Jay ordered a steak, topped with a crab cake and cream of crab. The crab cakes were very very close to the size of a standard softball. Holy Cow! Excellent food, but there was just no no way I could have eaten it all. I only made it through about 1/2 my sandwich and none of the fries. My sandwich was so tall that even after squishing it down, I couldn't fit it in my mouth. Jay made it through his main dish, but didn't even touch his mashed potatoes.
Our air conditioner started squealing in our room so we couldn't have it on. The hotel was full so we couldn't move. It was very warm and hard to sleep. It seemed like ever time I would drift off to sleep, a very loud group of guys would get off the elevator, talk very loudly in the hall for awhile and then get back on. These guys would come around about every 45 min to a hour with their last visit around 3 in the morning. I didn't get much sleep. Still, a night away is a night away.
Jay and I filled the trailer with stuff and took it to our storage building over by my parents house. We ate dinner there and brought our kids home. Of course, I discovered that I had left my purse at my mom's house. While I can live without my cell phone, I have a hard time living without money and a check book. I am really irritated at myself for leaving the purse and now I have to drive all the way back over there to get it. 3 trips in 3 days. Yuck!

No comments: