Monday, March 15, 2010
Pant repairs
So, whenever I go to a consignment sale or yard sale, I am very careful in checking over the clothes before purchasing them. Typically, at one local consignment store, I know the owner checks everything really well. I went to a consignment sale in Annapolis on Saturday and looked for some big boy clothes. There were several shirts, but the pants they had were all 10-12 dollars each. I can almost buy them new for that! So, I stopped by the local consignment shop and they actually had some boys' pants in size 7 and 8. I bought several pairs. Tom put on one pair this morning to wear and I noticed right before we walked out the door that there is a large tear in the butt of those pants. I paid $5.25 for them at the shop and now I have to repair them. Sam then noticed that his pants had a little hole in the knee. Add those to the repair pile. Then after school, Tom's button fell off his pants. Add them to the pile. Then, a seam unraveled on my pants. I haven't even had those pants very long. Thankfully, an easy fix. I guess tonight's job will be repairing pants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Geez, that sucks. Who consigns ripped clothing anyways?
Post a Comment