Wednesday, February 10, 2010

All this snow

Day 5, 8:52 am
We are getting more snow...


I feel like I am on some sort of survival show where all the contestants are buried in their homes under more and more snow. While we have basic things like power and water, we can have no contact with the outside world.
The kids and I went to the grocery store on Monday and the roads were not great at all. We ventured out again yesterday before any snow started and the roads were actually worse in many places. They had melted slightly on Monday afternoon and then refroze overnight into some very slick spots. Our road is still only about 1 1/2 lanes of very packed snow. Of course, it has 6 inches of fresh snow on top of it.
The schools called yesterday and canceled school for the rest of the week. I figured we'd go back on Monday, but then remembered that Monday is President's Day and we don't have school anyway. Of course, we are possibly getting another storm on Monday/Tuesday so who knows when we'll have school. The kids were supposed to have Valentine's parties at school this week. I guess we will have them sometime next week.
The kids are bored of playing with me. Jay may work from home today, but since he is working, he still won't be much of a distraction. We bought a few new puzzles yesterday for the kids. I also took the plunge and bought a new laptop. It works pretty well so far.
Still no word on our move. Of course even if we got word, I am not sure a moving truck could get anywhere near us to actually move us out. I have a feeling we will be here well into March whereas Jay is sticking by his theory that we will be out of here before March 1st.

No comments: