Today was the start of week 2 for make-ahead meals. I did only one trip to the grocery store all of last week and I loved it! Sam and I headed out this morning after dropping Tom off at school. We had a fun time and gathered everything we need for the week.
This week's meals include burritos with homemade spanish rice (ate them tonight!), barbeque pork sandwiches, Cuban Ropa Vieja (new recipe), stuffed shells, baked bean casserole, and spaghetti.
The casserole and spaghetti are for the guys while I am gone scrapbooking this weekend. I pre-made the sauce (for spaghetti) today and all Jay will have to do is boil the pasta. He will also have to make Sunday's dinner of homemade pizza, but I will be home to eat that.
I am really looking forward to this weekend. There is a weekend long crop that takes place twice a year that I go to. I didn't think that I would be around for this one, so I am really happy that I am. My friends and I are going to take a slow cooker and make our own meals so that we don't have to go out to eat for dinner. Breakfast comes with the hotel and lunch for Saturday is provided. I am excited and hope to finish my 2009 album during the weekend.
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Can you post a recipe or two? I am going to incorporate some make ahead meals in my program next go-around. I am not into cooking every night (or so it seems).
Post a Comment